Thursday 23 April 2009

Exhibiting at Aviemore Trade Show

Preparations are in full swing this week for the Aviemore Trade Show. I will be exhibiting at the trade only show which gives buyers the opportunity to meet Scottish makers in the art, craft and gift sectors. I will be setting the stance on Saturday ready for business on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. The show has proved that it is ideally timed to place orders for the summer season. In the current economic climate we are all aware that it makes sense to leave ordering till the last minute, having the show at the end of April means that buyers know what they need to stock up on after the Easter holiday rush. This means that, at the Shows which take place at the start of the year, there is no need to guess too far ahead - that's the theory anyway.

I have designed a new glass piece for the show called Homecoming - Tartan Wave. It is to commemorate Homecoming 2009, welcoming clans from all over the world to Scotland as they trace their ancestral roots. There are events taking place all over Scotland for Homecoming from galleries showcasing traditional Scottish art to operatic performances.

I sent a press release to the local papers last week and was pleased that the Press and Journal contacted me and sent a photographer to my house for a photo shoot. I had a good write up about my piece for the trade show:

I initially made the Tartan Wave in blues (inspiration from the Scottish flag), but thought I would try another colour, so came up with this one too:

The Tartan Wave can be stood on end or used like a decorative dish.
If you are visiting the Trade Show, please come and say hello.
Kathryn, Lazy Daisy xx

6 comments:

Mel P said...

Gosh Kathryn, these are beautiful. Good luck with the fair and congrts on the press coverage.

Nicola said...

Congrats on the press coverage- those waves are gorgeous.
(Hope you get tons of orders)
Nic xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for your encouragement. I'm looking forward to it, but apprehensive!

ger76 said...

Hi hun

Hope it all goes really well for you!!!


take care Ger xx

Carolee Crafts said...

The tartan piece is beautiful, good luck with the show and I know you will do well.

Eve Smith said...

wow this is stunning, i really love your work, you are soo talented, I just started my blog last week, so i'am just new to this,
Eve x