Friday 17 April 2009

Beach Combing - Driftwood

I took full advantage of the weather last Monday and headed straight for the beach. I took my daughter to Spey Bay on the Moray Firth Coast for a spot of beach combing. I needed some driftwood for some of my fishie creations and thought my daughter would also enjoy it. She loves to collect pebbles and she had a good time playing amongst them. It was a really sunny day, though a little blowy. Spey Bay is a pretty spot, but the beach isn't sandy, so there's no chance of relaxing and sunbathing. After collecting all our wood we headed to the Wildlife Centre. They have a good area for kids, where they can draw and colour sea creatures and watch wildlife films. They also have a coffee shop and simply couldn't resist one of their homemade cinnamon and raisin scones... absolutely delicious (and I still lost 2 pounds this week!!).
Oops, upsy daisy
Our driftwood collection

Driftwood Fishies

The photo above shows how I use the driftwood with my glass fishies. They look great on a windowsill and are nice and bright when the sun shines. I will be taking these to the Aviemore Trade Show as one of my catalogue items.

Kathryn, Lazy Daisy xx

1 comment:

ger76 said...

s like you both had a great day out there!
Well done on the weight loss, great amount in such a short space of time :) I've started running ouch!

Not sure how to word this without sounding alarming but I have heard a few things about a certain shop where your work is in Cullen and my advice would be collect it while you can, things are ot so good there at the mo!!!

Hope business is going well for you hun,
take care
Ger x