Wednesday 24 March 2010

Work in Progress


I finally took a photo of 'Journey' above - this had been made last week, but hadn't had space to photograph it. The glass piece is set in to a wood plinth to finish it off. There are copper fish fused between the layers.

In the background of the photo above, I have created some coasters with the new Graffiti design. I am working on making some Coast Curve Clocks in the foreground. This the Coast Curve Clock when wall mounted, it is very pretty when light shines through it:

These are the Graffiti coasters - it's my latest design and just trying it out to see what people think. It's quite a retro design. These are pre-fired, and will brighten slightly when fired. Let me know what you think of the Graffiti design:


Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx

6 comments:

Mel P said...

Grogeous Kathryn, I love journey xxx

Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics said...

I LOVE the curve clocks! Would love one in my house :) Are the graffiti marks on the coasters painted on with a brush? You could add the marks with your finger prints to add more of a personal touch, and to show that they are handmade even more! Keep up the good work, looking forward to see what you make next.

Azure Accessories said...

Beautiful pieces Kathryn...I love the clock especially those colors are some of my most favorites...
Cheers

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments.

Charlotte - the Graffiti range is paint applied using a brush. A good point about using finger prints. I'll try one of my prints in the corner - that could always be my signature!

I think my daughter would love that idea - getting mucky.

Nicola said...

Kathryn
Those graffiti coasters are gorgeous & I LOVE them!
I love the brush marks and like the idea of a print (but maybe on the back?)
Nicx

Its So Very Cheri said...

Your pieces are gorgeous. I signed up to follow.

Cheri