Sunday 14 March 2010

A Mothers Day Treat - Part 1

I'm in total shock - lost for words.

I was treated to a rather nice chinese meal last night, followed by a delicious carrot occasion cake. A pleasant evening relaxing by our cosy wood burning stove with a spicey run and some nibbles. A perfect end to my long day (I attended my first craft fair of the year).

And, this morning started off wonderfully, cup of tea in bed, surprise cards and chocolates (not one box but two). We were all sitting in the lounge watching Madagascar, when hubby asked "where is the rolling pin"?? I told him and he left the lounge, with me thinking it was rather a strange thing to ask.

Anyway, an hour later, he asked "can you crimp my pasties?" PASTIES, PASTIES I shouted with delight. My favourite of all time! He had been quietly working away in the kitchen making pasties for our tea.

This is the reason for my shock - he NEVER makes a meal (beans on toast is his limit!), let alone pasties. I'm lost for words.

I will report back soon.................

Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how wonderful. What a lucky girl you are. Hope they were yummy!

Azure Accessories said...

Isn't that wonderful...such a nice thing to do. My husband doesn't cook much but he will get take out or do the laundry, etc...that works nicely!!!

You mentioned Mothers Day...do you celebrate your Mothers Day in March?? In Canada we celebrate ours in May...regardless seems you had a grand day...by the way home your fair was a huge success!!!

Cheers