Friday 19 March 2010

The Singing Cornishmen (Fishermen's Friends)

I'm supporting my fellow Cornishmen today - these are the Singing Cornishmen, known as the Fishermen's Friends. They meet every Friday evening (summer months) on the beach front in Port Isaac and sing sea shanties. They were spotted by a music producer who had been in the audience last year - long story short - they have now signed a £1m recording contract. How great is that.
You may have heard of Port Isaac in Cornwall, it is where Doc Martin is filmed.
You can pre-order their album here - http://www.fishermansfriendsportisaac.co.uk
I heard a sing from their album on the national news last night, it sounded fantastic, something I had never heard before. I will definitely be buying their album, released next month.

1 comment:

Azure Accessories said...

What a great group & imagine a recording contract for doing what they love!

Cheers