Friday 27 March 2009

Slimming World - it had to be done!

Yes, you can eat fish and chips


Well, I'm admitting to it. Wasn't sure whether to or not, but it may encourage me even further. I've joined Slimming World - wey hey. I will be weighing in on a Thursday night, so if you would like to follow me and encourage me, please visit each Thursday evening, around 9pm, when the latest weigh-in figure will be on full display.

My daughter is now 21 months and she is my main inspiration. I would like to do all the sporty things she will be doing when she's old enough. I want to take her ice skating (as I love it too), swimming (we go once a week), skiing (Aviemore is only one hour away), playing in the park etc. I want to be a Yummy Mummy.

I joined two weeks ago (in desperation), as I need to lose quite a few pounds, well stones actually. My weight has been gradually increasing over the last few years, a combination of being really happily married, love of food (especially Cornish Pasties and Cornish Clotted Cream) and having a daughter. Some may say, that's no excuse and you are right. It isn't. Lack of exercise is also a major factor. Last summer I was in a good routine, walking about 3 miles everyday. Winter came, and that was that! I'm a person that concentrates on work, work, work (and snacking) and forgets about being healthy.

So now, I have no excuse, I go to 'Fat Club' (as we call it in our house) every week, so I'm being monitored. I will also post my good and BAD weeks.

So far I have lost 3.5 pounds, not much, but at least it's going in the right direction.

Don't forget to get your update, late Thursday night.

Kathryn, Lazy Daisy xx

4 comments:

Nicola said...

I tried slimming world once...Lost Five Pounds and 50p (straight away!)
Good luck and much willpower to you - go girl, go :)
Nic x

Unknown said...

Thanks Nicola

Love your style!

I have in theory lost alot more pounds than just 3.5, but hey, think of the huge benefit when I'm slim and slinky (well I can only but hope!!)

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

3.5 pounds is ALOT! Well done :-)

Anonymous said...

Its amazing how much you can actually eat - and it works - although its early days for me too but I am enjoying it and not finding it too constricting.