Thursday 18 February 2010

Exporting

I recently had an enquiry from a shop owner residing in Oman, wanting to stock my glass jewellery in their retail outlet. I have to say, I was dubious to begin with - "another scam of some sort", I thought to myself. But, communication developed over the days with the owner picking the jewellery items and some glass fishies - I began to feel at ease. The shop owner was informing me that glass jewellery hasn't really hit their area, so they want to be the first to sell it.

Anyway, I sent a parcel last week using the FedEx 3 day service and have to say that I was very impressed with the couriers (it was quicker to ship to Oman in the middle east, than to Glasgow, four hours down the road!!! - a recent bad experience, but that's another story).
It's a lengthy process having to write out commercial invoices for customs, but once you understand it, it's straightforward.
Don't you just love the photo above - it's a beach in Muscat, Oman - the location of the shop I supplied. Perhaps one day I could even make business trips!! Well, there's always hope.
Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx

2 comments:

Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics said...

Thats fantastic - How exciting! Well done x

Eve Smith said...

Oh well done, hope you get loads more orders,