Wednesday 13 April 2011

British Craft Trade Fair, Harrogate

Not long returned from the British Craft Trade Fair in Harrogate and had a good time once again, although totally shattering! I stayed in the centre of town, the hotel was in the Montpellier Quarter and was ideally situated for everything. They call the Montpellier Quarter "Harrogate's best kept secret" - they are right. It is such a quaint and beautiful area. Best of all, there was a Wagamama around the corner from the hotel. A place I haven't visited since leaving London and has been sorely missed! I love Wagamama so was delighted to have them in my life once again, albeit a takeaway. People were telling me that I HAD to visit Betty's - the famous Tea Room. There were six of us (exhibitors) that met up one evening from the trade show - we had a beautiful meal and evening. I was so impressed with the food that I decided to have breakfast at Betty's on my last day. The most delicious scrambled egg and bacon muffin. Never tasted anything like it before - magnificent! I even managed to come away with some goodies for hubby and daughter, and a Fat Rascal for me!
I also went for a walk around the Quater on my last morning just to take in some of the sights.
Although these shows can be exhausting, I had a lovely break in Harrogate and met some wonderful exhibitors and hopefully will be meeting up with them again next year. In the meantine, I have orders to be getting on with.


Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you were very busy but had some fun too