Tuesday 27 July 2010

Recent Exhibitions

I attended the Tea Cosy Exhibition over the weekend in Aberdeen and had a great time. It was an alternative art, craft and design show, taking over a pop-up location. This was my 'stand' - just like a tea party setting. Such an unusual concept, but it worked really well and encouraged people to walk around the whole table and talk to you, as there was no barrier between the customers and makers.

The walk of fame:

This is one of my newest pieces - The Copse. A chunky Burr Elm stump with the addition of trees. I had some great feedback for this piece so will continue to make similar ones. This sculpture has gone to Starfish Studio in Johnshaven, along with my Journey sculpture.

I also had a stand at the Scout Hall in Aberlour last weekend too. The Speyside Artisans have taken the hall over for three weekends during the summer. There are demonstrations taking place too, as well as refreshments and home bakes.
If you fancy having a go at spinning or pottery, pop along for some fun.
Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The copse is fantastic!
Gemxxx