Monday 14 December 2009

Santa and his Reindeers

I haven't been very busy blogging these days as I am concentrating on designing new products for the Glasgow trade fair at the end of January and keeping up with Christmas orders. Pressure is definitely on and have been beavering away in my studio.

I took a well-earned break yesterday and took my daughter to visit Santa and his reindeers. I drove to the Cairngorms near Aviemore and we had a fantastic day out. Christmas is not Christmas without seeing reindeers in the mountains.

We walked along Loch Morlich - it was very atmospheric. Thick frost covered the ground, the beautiful forest surrounding the loch and the white tipped mountains in the background. Loch Morlich is in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park:
Not forgetting fat Robin Redbreast - he really was a well-fed birdie:

On the way back we stopped in Aviemore itself and had a late lunch - the restaurant looked out to the mountains and it was just picture perfect. The white tipped mountains were surrounded by a pale pink sky after the sun had set, which reflected off the snow. Didn't take any photos of this as we were eating inside, but believe me it was beautiful.

And to top it off, we saw the steam train puff by with Santa in it - it had finished for the day and was going back to its station.

A perfect day with my gorgeous daughter!!

Kathryn, Lazy Daisy Glass xx